3 Sliced Uncured Bacon*, Diced
1 Onion, Diced
2 Carrots, Diced
1 Bell Pepper, Diced
1/2 Cup Mushrooms, Thinly Sliced
1 Cup Baby Spinach
4 Stalks Green Onions
1/4 Cup Organic Low-Sodium Tamari (or Coconut Aminos for a soy-free version)
1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1. Grate cauliflower on box grater, in a food processor or powerful blender, or using the grater attachment of a food processor.
2. Preheat a pan (I used a cast iron skillet) on medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Remove excess bacon fat, leaving a thin layer in the pan.
3. Whisk eggs and add to pan. Scramble until fully cooked, remove from pan, and set aside.
4. Add carrots and onions to pan, and a little more bacon fat if pan is dry. Cook until onions begin to turn translucent, about 5-6 minutes. Add mushrooms and bell peppers, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add grated cauliflower, and cook until vegetables are tender. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in tamari.
5. Stir in eggs, and top with bacon, green onions, and sesame seeds. Add sriracha hot sauce if you’d like.
*Uncured Bacon – I like Whole Foods 365 Uncured Bacon – Read more about it here: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/blog/whole-story/love-bacon-win-year-it